Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I had so much fun hosting TGIFF! last week and seeing all the great projects that linked up.  It's fun being connected with so many talented quilters out there.  Since hosting, I've have been moving full steam ahead.  Friday night my kids had their first belt tests for Karate.  We are now yellow belts!


Saturday was filled with a picnic by a pond and college football.



Following the GameCast is just not the same as watching the game on TV, or watching the game in person.  Oh, how I miss going to college football games...sigh...

Sunday, we went to the Memphis Air Show and had a blast.


  

Crawling in and around of the planes on display was so much fun, and watching the planes in the sky brought back lots of memories of attending air shows as a kid.  My daughter informed me that it was boring when we left.  I guess it will just be me and my son next year while my husband (who didn't have as much fun as I did) can find something much less fun to do.  :)

In the midst of all this weekend excitement, I did manage to start working on 2 new WIPs.


I finished piecing all the columns and am now attaching the columns together for my second Christmas quilt gift.  I'm going for a masculine feel for this one.   Once I get the flimsy done, I'll share with you the whole top.

My other WIP is a scrap-crazy quilt.  I'm clearing out my scrap baskets one color at a time and sewing them into strips between 12 and 14 inches long.  I can't wait to see this one come together.  I have this vision in my head of what this quilt is going to look like, and I'm really excited about it.  I hope I'm not disappointed after all this work.


The pink, red, orange, and yellow scraps are finished.  I'm currently working on green, which leaves me with aqua, navy, purple, and gray to do.  My goal is to have all the colors in organized strips before our local quilting guild's Sew-In on November 1st.  I would love to start assembling the quilt top on that day.  Wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, good luck with your scrappy quilt - I can't wait to see how it comes together. Sounds like it might be pretty big when it is done, too! I can't believe your husband and daughter thought the airshow was a bit lacking. I am with you and would have a ton of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your masculine quilt looks great and I'm excited to see what you do with the scraps. We "watch" games the same way you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Bargello style quilt from a pattern or did you just make it up yourself? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colors you are using for your 'masculine quilt. Love the design. Can you share the size of the rectangles? Your design or a pattern? I am one of those no-reply bloggers (can't figure out how to change it) so here is my email address - micki@2dogsstudio.us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Janet. Fantastic color choices on your masculine christmas column quilt! Looking forward to seeing it finished. I have to know what a "flimsy" is? Does this just mean the quilt top? I'm crazy about scrap quilts and am excited to see your scrap-crazy creation! I found you on Free Motion by the River. Stop by my blog for a visit anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy momma! Your quilts are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like the time to work on the scrappy quilts! I have a few going too. Love the colors in yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That masculine flimsy you are working on looks so cool! Love those colors and fabrics. Can't wait to see the top for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your manly quilt is coming along great, Janet!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...